Thursday 26 May 2011

Eternal Grace (PC) - Guest Post

RPG fan Ocean cunningly uses this opportunity to advertise his friend's game.


OK, now playing Eternal Grace! I know the people who made it so they asked me to play it. You can get the demo here, or support them by buying the full game! http://www.eternal-grace.com/

OK here we go! I wasn't sure what kind of game it was but I really don't tend to look up much about it before I play.

Da Pimp is on da deck! Apparently he's a captain, in an all girl ship. That and his outfit make me suspicious. This sounds morally incorrect!

In this boring town (Mentioned in game, because people have trouble finding stuff to do), you are tasked with cutting the wood to make a passageway. Apparently this planet has problems with meteors, which strike and while not apparently life threatening (as far as I saw), they can cause some damage.

Oh yeah, you changed characters and are not playing the pimp, but instead the grey haired Wolverine guy.

So doing that wood cutting job earns you 200 money (Kelos in game). So let's do what we are expected to do in RPGs and go to a shop and spend it on Long Swords and Potions.

Here's the shop! So in here, you need materials and a bit more money than I have to upgrade. You can pick Power, Defense or other attributes to upgrade. I guess you don't have armor or anything. That's a pretty nice power boost, will have to get it later when I can.

You know, I thought those lights were floating teacups. I kept wondering why I was seeing flying teacups.

So people are so bored they're gonna pay me money if I beat them in a card game. Of course, I need cards. They said the weird girl has them, so this must be her.

Choose your cards! You can pick 7 of them I believe, so right now that's most of the cards I have. Something of this reminds me of Triple Triad.

Here you go! I was tempted to believe it would be a card game RPG. I would not really be opposed to that, I just wasn't sure if it was or not. So you lay down your cards, and try to get the higher value cards to go taking the enemies cards. I won both times so I guess I was doing it right!

So I go to spend my money on alcohol. Then the pub is under attack by thugs!

So this is the actual battle system! It is an Action RPG, so you can go attack enemies as long as your bar on the bottom isn't completely empty. Like it is now. You have to wait a little bit for it to recover again. Not hard otherwise.

If you hold the button, the blue bar turns green and fills up. You need that to defeat this enemy, as it's also a tutorial battle.

And then I went to save the game, but had the idea to do so from the menu out of curiosity. Then I ended up being teleported to the save point and was suspicious, so I went back in the pub and the events repeated again. So... only save at a save point then. Maybe it said Load and I didn't pay attention. Well I'll have to give it a shot later, but that should at least give you (and me) a sense of how the game is like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semi-Random Game Box